Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One Man's Trash...

So in my spare time I have picked up a new hobby, dumpster diving. Yesterday I drove by the dumpster and saw something red and plastic, and I thought to myself, that looks like a toy. So I went over and looked and there was a red plastic table and two chairs. I have been wanting to get Marc a little table, so I was super excited. I was able to get the table and one chair out easily, but the other chair was a challenge. Anyone watching must have thought I was crazy. After trying to jump, reach, stretch, etc. I got a stick and fished out the chair. After a little Clorox bath Marc had a new table!!
The other day I was thinking that I needed to get another plastic bin to store stuff in and while Marc and I were on a walk I saw a great big bin (which looks brand new) behind one of the dumpster, so of course I grabbed it! I am going to have to start thinking of more things that I need!!


Marc currently loves to color, or play with crayons and rip paper. This is his response to me telling him we are not going to color right now, "Oh ya mom, I will just get it myself." I guess I need to do some rearranging in his closet.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I love this! I bet you just felt silly as ever being as pregnant as you are and digging through that dumpster. I can't believe someone just threw that away- it looks like it's in really good shape!

Jonathan and Janessa said...

Way to go! That reminds me of when i was younger--our town would put big huge dumpsters out during the spring for a neighborhood spring clean-up. People would throw away the most amazing "junk" and me and my friends would always fish it out and bring it home. We found some pretty amazing treasures dumpster diving. That table looks brand new for being in a dumpster! I bet Marc is loving it.