I went to the doctor today and had an ultrasound so the doctor could see how big our little guy is. Well he is not so little. Based on his measurements he weighs 5 lbs 12 oz and is in the 95 percentile. This would put my due date around June 9, instead of June 24. So what this means is my doctor would love him to come at 38 weeks (June 10). She can't induce me till 39 weeks, but is pretty confident he will come before that (based on the fact that Marc was born at 38 weeks and was big also). So now I am trying to realize that I only have 5 weeks till he will be here instead of 7. The baby would not cooperate so we didn't get any good pictures of him during the ultrasound, but he did have the hiccups which was kinda funny to watch.
Marc just keeps on going. He is a funny boy, and certainly has a personality. He is usually good, but we have entered the realm of tantrums and he is very good at them. We are currently working on not screaming in church and not turning on the dishwasher every time you walk by it. Any suggestions? Yesterday I went to the bathroom and came out to find this...

If you can't tell what this is, it is a chunk of frozen cookie dough which Marc pulled off the counter, opened, and chowed down on. He is a smart little cookie!

This is what happens when you drink your yogurt instead of using a spoon, much more fun I know.
12 comments:
Yay for you not having to go a full 40 weeks! Our kiddos are going to be close just like Marc and Hailey are again! good luck! I'm thinking that I might request an ultrasound as well, but mainly to make sure that she's head down this time!
That's exciting! Good luck with everything these next few weeks :)
Maggie has also entered to realm of tantrums, and she also loves to play with the knobs and buttons on the dishwasher. So send any advice you receive my way :)
Wow! So by delivering at 38 weeks, he should be an okay size? Not like 10 lbs?!!
Poor thing :(
Yay for baby coming in 5 weeks!!
Lucky you! I feel like this last trimester is dragging on, I think I will prob go past my due date of july 1st, our baby is measuring small apparently. That cookie dough pic cracks me up, I would do that too :)
Yay for coming early! haha So I'm rootin for June 10th myself..its a good day :) {p.s.that pic of marc with the cookie dough was too funny. i caught ryan in the same position not too long ago-he LOVES that stuff) :) hope your doing good. Loves!
We are so excited for you. I know all about big babies....I have a few of my own. I hope you just get to go to 38 weeks as long as it works well with Jen's baby schedule :> Keep us posted.
Good luck with these last couple weeks!! Liam was 95th percentile while I was pregnant with him (and still is now) and was 9 1/2 pounds...so I hope you go early too! :) I am going to try to convince my doctor with our next to induce me early! Hope all goes well!! By the way, I can't get over how big Marc is getting!! :) So cute!
When Ana was that age we had a family home evening about whispering in church. We played "telephone" to practice. She was pretty young, but she was so noisy, we had to try something. It helped for a while. Although, Ana thinks "be quiet" means "talk quietly" so she never really stops talking...
looks like our kids are going to have a cousin super close in age.....so fun!!!! We should shoot for the same day....:) Love the pics of Marc. I can't wait to see him again!
Can't blame him for eating the cookie dough! YUM! He is so cute! Good luck with the baby, so glad it's almost over for you. I am a sucker for good deals so I would have bought the dress and the toothbrushes too!
After seeing that picture of Mark eating cookie dough I had to get some myself, so I made cookies right away. I don't think I looked as cute stuffing my face though. :) I'd be so jealous if you deliver early!
Post a Comment