We had a great Christmas with my parents in Idaho, but are glad to be back home. Here is a quick update on us.
Matt started another quarter of school and is looking forward to being done with the classroom setting in August. Then he will do three ten-week clinical rotations. The first one will be in San Diego, and we will find out where the other two are in April. Life will get a little more interesting for those few months, but it will be an adventure!
I am busy at home with our boys, which I love most days! We decided that I needed to not work tax season this year, and I am so grateful for the extra time at home. I always have a project that I am working on, and a long list of others that I want to try. So hopefully I can get lots done with all my extra time.
Marc.... Well I am not sure what to say. We have entered a new realm with this child and I am at a loss for what to do with him. Last week we were told he was being aggressive in nursery. So we tried to work on that this week. Then yesterday I took him to the child watch at the YMCA while I worked out and he got kicked out for putting a girl in a reverse choke-hold (thanks Ryan, I am sure he learned this from you). So now I am convinced he is destined to be a juvenile delinquent. So we are trying a reward system where he gets a sticker if he doesn't choke (or push or hit or steal toys..... the list goes on and on). We will see if this works at all. I am also open to any other suggestions anyone may have. My next option is locking him up in a room until he is married, my dad threatened to do this often!
Marc has also decided that he wants to use the potty. It is a struggle because he would sit on his little potty all day if I let him, and two seconds after we put his clothes back on he wants to go again. So right now he is ruling the house with one word "potty". The other day I took him to the baby store and I was looking around and realized I didn't know where he was. I started looking for him and calling his name. I heard him yelling for me and I found him in the bathroom on the toilet. I looked for his diaper and found it in the garbage can because he had pooped in it. I couldn't believe it, but I guess this is my reality now!
Luke is a gem and such a blessing. He is so easy going and happy. He is getting so big, actually he is huge. He is wearing 12-18 month clothes at 7 months. He learned to sit up with help from his cousin Tyler, and is now moving all over the place by rolling and scooting. He has started to notice toys and it is fun to see him and Marc play together. Other than that I guess his life is boring compared to Marc's but that is ok!
4 comments:
Oh you poor thing. I wish I could offer guidance, but I'm about in the same boat with my monster over here. The problem with Hailey is that she looks like a cute little girl, but then plays like a rough little boy. Lucky you for being able to go and work out- we can't afford it or else I would go with you =) Miss you and the boys and you should come over to play!
I'm sorry sweety~I'm sure it will get better. He's just 110% BOY. I get exhausted just READING your blog. :) Wish we lived closer, I sure miss you! You have a darling little family. I think little Luke really resembles his momma. :)
We are also going through this with Dominic! The choke hold, I absolutely hate that someone showed him that! I've caught him so many times doing that to Lily! Little stinker! Sounds like Marc is just a very energetic boy!
Luke is so stinkin cute!
We should have a playdate sometime too!
Hang in there! Those are long days that I remember well but I know you can do it and do it nicely! :)I'm sure you are trying this but shower him with praise and I don't mean a sprinkle, give him a down pour! Any little thing make a big deal about. Maybe this will help. Good luck and we love you guy!
Post a Comment