So after a year of waiting, tests and antibiotics, Luke had surgery to correctly implant his ureters into his bladder. I got so many comments on what a good (and absolutely darling) boy Luke was through everything. He was such a trooper and he made is so much easier than I thought it was going to be.
Here he is before the surgery and immediately after.
The first couple of days he was in a lot of pain, and it broke my heart to not be able to make things better for him. He just wanted me to hold him and so I did. The only problem was as soon as he would fall asleep my arms would too and I would move and wake him up.
The third day after a good nights sleep he was back to normal, which was wonderful.
Because he was feeling so much better we had to find things to entertain him, so we went on lots of walks, which he loved.
Here is his scar. He still has some stints which will need to be removed in a few weeks, but the doctor said it was a good fix and everything should be fine now. Thanks to all our family and friends who prayed for us, we felt your love and support. I am so grateful for modern medicine and all the wonderful doctors and nurses who have helped Luke get better. I also know that we were blessed in so many ways and I truly know that prayers are answered.
2 comments:
such good news! glad to hear things went so well.
LOVE the updates! Adorable pics :) Luke is such a cutie....so sad such a little guy has to go through such a big ordeal. Cant wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment