Sunday, August 26, 2012

It’s official (almost)

Well here it is….our new house! 

DSC00679

We closed this week but won’t get the keys till Tuesday. We, or  should say I, have great visions for this little house, now I just have to get Matt on board!  We have started working on the yard as it needs lots of TLC.  Here are a few pictures of the yardDSC00671DSC00670DSC00674DSC00673

Yesterday we (Matt) scrapped up all the dead grass and trimmed some of the trees.  Now we are going to clean up all the dead grass, level the yard, get rid of a few more trees and hopefully get it planted this fall.  As I was sitting on the ground digging through the dirt it felt so good to be working toward a goal of cleaning up that yard, our yard.  Hard work, even though it is hard is so rewarding.  I just hope I remember this in a few months when I am sick of it!   We are excited to see the transformation that happens over the next little while, and excited to have a house of our own. 

2 comments:

JennyLynn said...

This is so excititng! It is going to be beautiful. You're going to love having that yard for your boys to play in. Congratulations. It looks like a great place.

Carlie Sue said...

Congrats! We just got done with all of that. Home depot has the best tree prices in the fall. I can't wait to see pics of the inside and all the great things you will do!