Monday, August 10, 2009

Backpacking in Wyoming

Matt and I went backpacking with my family in the Wind Rivers for 3 days. We left Marc with my Aunt and I am very grateful he wasn't there. We had a fun time, but it was a lot of walking. We were worried about the weather, but it turned out to be ok for us. The second night there was a big storm and we woke up to ice on our tents. Not many of us slept well that night. Marianne was up at 4 trying to start a fire. I heard her, but thought there was no way there would be a fire at that time of the morning. I should have gotten up because then my toes would have been able to thaw out.

That morning when we got up it was looking a little stormy so we hurried and packed up our camp. About the time we were getting done it started to snow on us. My dad was convinced we were going to wait for the "drifting" to stop before we started hiking out, but we didn't want to wait so we hiked out in the snow for about half-an-hour. We were vary grateful for the rain jackets we threw in at the last minute. The Wind Rivers are beautiful and we loved being able to be out enjoying them for a few days.

Overlooking the Cirque of Towers on a day hike we went on


Matt and I loving the hike






You can't tell, but it is snowing at this point.


Matt is exploring this rock. The whole time I was yelling, "Be safe, come back" and he was trying to ignore me!

1 comment:

Andrew & Kandyce said...

What a fun trip. That looks so awesome. Beautiful.

P.S. I got my book back. Thanks for getting it here. Kath--your aunt is so nice. We enjoyed chatting with her.