Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stitch

I know stitches would be a better title, but it was only a stitch so that's what it has to say. Marc was being a good little helper and picking up all the towels he pulled out of a drawer when Matt heard him say, "bonk". Matt responded, "That is not just a bonk." Marc had hit his eyebrow on the corner of the drawer and had a little gash in his eyebrow. It wasn't big, but kinda deep. We debated whether or not we needed to take him in, but after a visit from a friend (Thanks Melissa) we decided to go and get stitches.

I know this sounds ridiculous but I really wanted to take him even though I wouldn't have stayed in the room. My reasoning... I wanted to have pictures of the whole thing. We talked it over and I decided I would just stay home with Luke. So we don't have it all documented with pictures like I wanted, but it's a good think I didn't take him. Marc absolutely hated it. He was screaming the whole time, and it took three nurses to hold him down. I would have been out in the hall crying the whole time too, so at home was a much better choice. Marc finally settled down when he got a car and a popsicle. He is doing just fine and gets his stitch out Friday. Pre-stitch. They had to wash peanut butter out of his cut (and ears and hair).

One little stitch is all it took, but we are glad it will be a much smaller scar.

No comments: