Monday, May 23, 2011

Luke

0510111216                                0513111612 

Luke is growing up way to fast.  He is very active and likes to do his own thing, which I am grateful for.  I sometimes feel like I don’t give him enough attention because a certain 2 year old demands so much more than he does.  I will often remember to get Luke out of his highchair long after the rest of us have finished eating.  But he doesn’t seam to mind so it’s going to keep happening!  He is walking all over the place now and can get to anything he wants.  He has found the cupboards which I am not pleased about, but he usually doesn’t get in them unless in am in the kitchen (which is far to often!) 

Luke got sick after he was born and after test and a couple of hospital stays, they found he has reflux from his bladder to his kidney, which means his ureters are not implanted correctly and don’t work the way they should.  He has been on antibiotics to protect from urinary tract infections since then and has been just fine.  Last week he went in for tests to see if the problem had corrected itself, but it hasn’t so he needs surgery.  It is set for July 5th.  It is a fairly common surgery and he should be just fine afterwards.

                             0503111015a

From all this I have have learned a few things.  Bodies are amazing and truly created by our Heavenly Father.  There is no way we just “happened”.  We have a purpose here on Earth and our bodies allow us the chance to fulfill it.  I am also so grateful for a healthy body, and I am grateful that my children are healthy.  The small time we have spent seeing doctors has been emotionally and physically tiring and I can’t even imagine what families with really sick children go through, and my prayers go out to them.   We are truly blessed in so many ways and each day I learn that more and more.  

Anyway Luke is so much fun and we love having him in our family!

No comments: