Our neighbor recently transplanted some flower with bulbs from her backyard around her mailbox in the front yard. Marc saw her working and went to see what she was doing. He helped her for a little bit. A few days later I noticed the bulbs had been unplanted and my neighbor said there was a squirrel that was getting into the flowers and pulling them out. This happened a few times and I kept wondering if this squirrel happened to be my son, but she kept saying it was a squirrel so I thought it must be. Yesterday Marc came in and said, “Mom that dang squirrel got those flowers again.” At this point I knew something was up so I grabbed him hands to look for dirt but they were clean. I thought maybe there was a squirrel, but I decided to push it further. I asked Marc if he was telling the truth and he said, “Will I get in trouble if I tell the truth?” Then I knew I had found the squirrel. After tears over loosing a treat, having to go and tell the neighbor what happened, and a family home evening on lying I hope the squirrel is gone for good.
What the kids have been saying lately
9 years ago
1 comment:
heehee SUCH a good story! Made my night once again marc :)
Post a Comment