Friday, October 1, 2010

Marc is 2!!

Marc is two and I can't believe it. He is getting so big, is talking so much, and is getting much more independent (in some cases this is good and some cases bad). We had a couple fun birthday parties for him. First he had an early party with my sister Rebecca before we left Idaho. We went to my sister's house had pizza and went to my brother's football game. Marc got some fun presents, including an electric guitar from his Aunts and Uncles~ thanks alot guys!! It was fun to be with everyone before we came back to Spokane.


We also had a party here in Spokane with some of our friends. Marc loves Elmo, so I made him an Elmo cake and pinata. It was way fun to make them. Matt said the party was really for me, and he was probably right! We learned a few things from this party:

Marc will not hit Elmo with a bat. All the other kids loved it, but Marc just kept saying, "No, No.". Maybe the next pinata I make should be of a ball! When people ask Marc about his birthday this is what they get. "Hit Elmo, pinata, candy." So the candy made an impression on him.

Next we learned that Marc does not like to blow out candles. I think he was scared of the fire, but the candle did go out even if he didn't mean to blow it out.


Marc is smart. He would look at his present with the wrapping paper on them, and just say,"help". That was much easier than actually trying to pull the wrapping paper off. Then once the paper was off he would take the present to someone and say, "Open". He certainly knows how to get what he wants.

We had a great time celebrating Marc and love him very much. He is such a good boy and is growing up so quickly. He is talking like crazy and surprises me everyday with new words.

One thing we are struggling with is nap time. The last few days I have heard him and I go into his room to find:

Apparently it is so much better to sleep in a spaceship then in a crib.


Ok so I can understand how he got the spaceship in his crib, but a tote I really can't figure that one out. It must have been rough, look at his clothes!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow, way to go, that cake looks so cute! And maybe we already discovered this, i can't remember, but i have a sister named Rebecca too!

Christy said...

Hailey loves Elmo too- I wonder if it's just that age or what, lol?!! We actually just bought her an elmo toddler bed off of craigslist for only $35! I love craigslist!

Simpson Family said...

ok adorable....your boys are stinkin cute! Cant believe they are so big!