Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Big Boys!

Marc climbed out of his bed twice the other night, so we decided to take the leap to a toddler bed. He has done okay the last two nights, but right now he is supposed to be taking a nap and I can hear him destroying his bedroom. He seems to like the idea of a big boy bed, but doesn't want to slow down long enough to sleep.
Marc loves to "play" with Luke and Luke usually loves it too. Except when Marc lays on him, or pulls him around or other things like that. I can't wait until Luke can really play, they are going to have so much fun together.

Luke has found his thumb, but he won't always suck on it it. So I need some advice, do I keep giving him the binky and discourage the thumb or put the binky away and encourage the thumb. I can see advantages and disadvantages to both, so what do you think is easier to deal with?
Anyway Luke just keeps growing and is such a good and happy baby. He still screams when he rolls to his tummy, so hopefully we can work on rolling the other way as well. He is a fun boy and we love him lots.

6 comments:

Brian and Stacy said...

I asked my mom the same thing about the thumb. She said that the binky is definitely better than the thumb because it is easy squished in their mouths. Since their thumbs are hard, it can cause them to have buck teeth (I had a friend who always sucked her thumb and she definitely had a hideous mouth). However, if he sucks his other fingers, then they curve downward in their mouth, which is a lot better. I don't let Claire suck her thumb, but her fingers. I can always take the binky away though, so that's nice too. :) Good luck.

Erin L said...

I don't know about the thumb sucking thing: my kids wouldn't do either. It was sad when they were babies, but I was really glad I didn't have to wean them off a binky. If I want my two year old to nap, I have to lay down next to him. He stopped napping most days a few weeks ago, but if I know he needs a nap, I'll lay down next to him until he fall asleep. Although, I don't have a baby, so I don't know what to do about that. Ana just watches TV while I do that. The second benefit to that is that sometimes I can nap for 15 minutes or so... That makes me happy.

Renee' P said...

Oh fun times with transitioning to a toddler bed. Be consistant with him, is my best advice. He will learn soon enough!
You can take the binky away, but not the thumb...definitely encourage the binky!

They will have a blast when Luke gets older! How fun!

Christy said...

Haha Hailey is the same way with Hannah. She just can't wait to have her big enough to actually play with. I would definitely say to give him the soother because you can take that away eventually, but you can't take their fingers away. I have a niece who is 7 and still sucks her thumb occasionally... and she just doesn't care. Her parents have tried just about everything to get her to stop, but nothing works.

Jerry and Kathryn said...

I can't believe how grown up your boys are. They are adorable! Hope you are doing well and looking forward to seeing you at Christmas.

Five Bloomin' Beauties said...

you can take the binky away but not the thumb. but I don't think either will kill them. I sucked my thumb until I was NINE!!! good luck!